Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - PocketC Architect Bug?

PocketC Architect Bug?

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby mgreen on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:08 pm

I have an application with two UIList's declared as part of one form. One list has room for 6 lines, but there are 7 items supplied using "setitems". The first 6 show up and appear to work properly, but there are no scroll arrows and no way to get at the last item with the GUI. I notice in the docs that there's supposed to be properties for UIList's "topitem" and "count". I tried providing a "count" of 6 for the 7 item list, but the compiler complained that there was no such property. It also doesn't accept "topitem".

Mike
-----
Michael Green
mgreen

Postby nmc on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:22 pm

topitem and count are readonly properties, so you cant set them.

I've also seen the problem 'last item doesnt show, no scrolling', but after a few modifications this has gone (despite my changes had not really to do with filling/displaying the UIList items...)

I can say that the item was in the list, because my form was resizable and hiding the DIA (thus enabling the list to show more items) made the last item visible.
nmc

Postby mgreen on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:22 pm

Well, I got the numbers wrong, but there's still a problem. When I corrected the size of the listbox and the number of "setitems", the scroll arrow showed up. Unfortunately, part of the last item in the listbox also shows and the scroll arrow is attached to the end of the last complete line shown.

In other words, I have a listbox with room for about 7.5 lines and a "setitems" with 8 items. All 8 items show up with about half of the 8th line cut off by the bottom of the listbox. The scroll arrow appears at the end of the 7th line and, when tapped, the 8th line appears fully and repeats still partially cut off below.
-----
Michael Green
mgreen

Postby dewey on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:03 am

You must specify the height of a list such that it displays an integral number of items. When resizing, the runtime ensure that this remains true.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby FrankG on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:31 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nmc</i>
<br />topitem and count are readonly properties, so you cant set them.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Just one small correction for accuracy: topitem is a write-only property; you can only set it. It's one of my favorit UIList properties as it makes scrolling with a scroll bar easy, as in, UIList.topitem = UIScroll.value (after setting up UIScroll.max and toss in a list redraw if necessary...)

Regards to all,
Frank
FrankG

Postby nmc on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:06 pm

> topitem is a write-only property
Thanks.

> favorit UIList properties as it makes scrolling with a
> scroll bar easy, as in, UIList.topitem = UIScroll.value
How do you avoid the scroll arrows of the uilist, then?
I often use uilists with scrollbars myself, but with dynamic filling of those lists (thus my topitem will be always 0 and count will be the visible count of the list)

Are there other ways?
nmc

Postby FrankG on Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:04 pm

Hey nmc, great to be talking to you again....

No -- as far as I know to get rid of the scroll arrows in the list your approach would be required. If the user taps the scroll arrows, yes, my scroll bar would come out of sync. But, I accept that as a minor inconvenience for quickly throwing an app together!

Regards,
Frank
FrankG

Postby nmc on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:12 pm

> Hey nmc, great to be talking to you again....
Thanks;
I am reading here every day, but most of the time I am very busy with my various projects... :-}

For the scrollbar problem: would be nice to have a native gadget with UIList functionality, but scrollbar instead of the ugly arrows...
nmc

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect