Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - How i can disabole the hardware key short cuts.

How i can disabole the hardware key short cuts.

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Inmortal_Roach on Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:39 pm

I want to use the hardware key on my program, but i don't know how to disable the key shot cuts to other programs.
Inmortal_Roach

Postby stanley602 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:20 pm

You mean the hard icons on the right (on a 620lx, at any rate), or the ones on the keyboard?

If you're on a 620lx with Windows CE (and maybe other devices) then its some registry key. I'll seeif i canf ind it. Won't be long.

----------------------
The pixels are alive! Death to the pixels!
----------------------
stanley602

Postby stanley602 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:40 pm

Creating your own hot-keys

To assign programs to the letter keys, the codes are as follows <MODIFIER><KEYCODE>. Where the modifier is either 0x40 (WinKey only), 0x44
(WinKey + SHIFT), or 0x48 (WinKey + CTRL.) The Keycodes are the same as the ASCII or Extened with Shift values for the key, ie 0x41, 0x42, ..., 0x5A, (
a, b, ..., z ). On a side note, 5B appears to be WinKey with nothing else.

For example, for WinKey+CTRL+a use 4841. The rest of the instructions for setting up the entry are as your previous tip states. I haven't figured out how
to do the symbol keys yet or the WinKey+SHIFT+CTRL Modifier or Alt Modifier
combinations, or FUNCTION key combinations. It is also possible that this will work for other CE 2.0 devices as this stuff is in the registry under
Microsoft->Shell.

To assign programs to the number keys, the codes are as follows <MODIFIER><KEYCODE>. Where the modifier is either 0x40 (WinKey only), 0x44
(WinKey + SHIFT), or 0x48 (WinKey + CTRL.) The Keycodes are the same as the ASCII values for the number represented on the key, ie 0x31, 0x32, ..., 0x30 (1 key, 2 key, ..., 0 key.)

For example, for WinKey+CTRL+5 use 4835. The rest of the instructions for setting up the entry are as your previous tip states. I haven't figured out how
to do the letter/symbol keys yet - they aren't by ASCII code. It is also possible that this will work for other CE 2.0 devices as this stuff is in the registry under Microsoft->Shell.

Good luck and play at your own risk, I'm not responsible for registry damage.

Bob Crowley

Re-mapping the short-cut keys

It is possible to remap the the silk-screened 'hard' icons on the side of the screen and the shortcuts keys on the keyboard.

First, you need to get a WindowsCE registry editor like RegEditCE.

Follow this path: Localmachine\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys

When all the keys under Keys are listed: 40BD, 40C2... Go to the edit menu and click New Key. In New Key Enter The name of the key "48C6". Next
Double Click on 48C6. Once in there go to the edit menu and click New SZ. For name of value enter "default" for data value enter windows\hpcview.exe". Hit OK.

This is the list of what each hard Icon does in the Registry:

Localmachine\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys

40BD ==> repllog.exe ==> Runs PC Link (I guess when Serial Cable Inserted) (40BD stands for Winkey - (hyphen))
40C2 ==> VoiceApp.exe ==> Runs Voice Recorder (Icon)
40C3 ==> ppviewer.exe ==> Runs Power Point
40C4 ==> cycle_pword.ink ==>Runs (cycles backwards) Word
40C5 ==> cycle_pxl.ink ==> Runs (cycles backwards) Excel
40C6 ==> Calendar.exe ==> Runs Calendar
40C7 ==> Tasks.exe ==> Runs Tasks
40C8 ==> addrbook.exe ==> Runs Contacts
40C9 ==> Fiscal Pro.exe ==> Runs Fiscal Pro
40CA ==> pmail.exe ==> Runs Inbox (Hard Icon)
40CB ==> bfaxpro.exe ==> Runs B-Fax (Hard Icon)
40CC ==> bfind.exe ==> Runs B-Find (Hard Icon)
40CD ==> settings.exe ==> Runs Settings (Hard Icon)
40CF ==> Voice Recorder.ink ==> Runs Voice Recorder (outside positioned led record button-must soft-reset)
44C4 ==> cycle_pword.ink ==> Runs (cycle Forwards) Word (Shift + Word Icon)
44C5 ==> cycle_pxl.exe ==> Runs (cycle Forwards) Excel (Shift + Excel Icon)
48C4 ==> cycle_pword.ink ==> Runs New Word (CTRL + Word Icon)
48C5 ==> cycle_pxl.ink==> Runs New Excel (CTRL + Excel Icon)

For those not willing to risk their info to play with the registry it is pretty easy. Just use the above list to change what you want. Keep the list so you know what it once was.

In addition, when you look at the Shift and Ctrl combination keys you see that the use the respectively the prefixes 44 and 48. However the suffix is the same as for the direct buttons, i.e. C4 and C5. Maybe this means that it is possible to define analoge key/button combinations for the other buttons. For example, Ctrl - Calendar ==> MonthView: Key: 48C6 (Default:\windows\hpcview.exe).

Paul Berghege and M. Rossi

NOTE: Playing with the registry is not for the faint of heart! BE VERY CAREFUL! It can result inthe loss of data or configuration settings.

I copied this straight off http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/3121/
There are lots of them. Its also easier to read on the site

----------------------
----------------------
stanley602

Postby stanley602 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:47 pm

Oh yeah, to remove them, I suppose you could remove the reg key...?

----------------------
----------------------
stanley602

Return to PocketC for CE