Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Can we have device edition 3.0

Can we have device edition 3.0

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Lomax on Mon Jan 08, 2001 8:50 pm

Kevin, can we please have an update on the ce device edition 3.0. Its crying out for an update and there is some features that we want to implement but cant in v2.0.

I think most pocketc users would agree with me that an update to the device edition is long overdue.

Even a beta version would be better than nothing.

John
Lomax

Postby Jerome Siegler on Tue Jan 09, 2001 4:49 am

I would like to add my strong support to the request by John (Lomax) regarding an update for the WinCE device edition.

I use my HPC for almost all of my work. Seeing some of the language features that have been added for the Desktop edition makes me wish that I had them to use on my HPC handheld.

I would also like to have the ASCII import fixed. I like to use the pceditor for general text editing also.

Jerry
Jerome Siegler

Postby Justinespinosa on Tue Jan 09, 2001 9:49 am

Kevin says me a few month ago that he was working on the V3 device edition, But he didn't told me when he thought i'll finish

J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
Justinespinosa

Postby Lomax on Tue Jan 09, 2001 11:04 am

I just think we need more of an update from kevin on this issue, as Im sure a lot of people feel the same.

Kevin, have you any release planned?

John.
Lomax

Postby catherine on Tue Jan 09, 2001 5:34 pm

I second that :)
/C
catherine

Postby ianf on Tue Jan 09, 2001 8:24 pm

At present he desktop edition produces code which runs very much slower than V2 device edition code ( So slow I can't use the apps ).

Even if a device edition is made available the performance of the code generated at present won't meet many people's expectations.

I look forward to an update

Ian
ianf

Postby cao on Wed Jan 10, 2001 3:41 am

Hello All:

I am back...

1. Happy New Year to All!
2. Hope you all had a peaceful Christmas and New Year.
3. PocketC device version will be released for sure. I will next few days working on it, and give u better estimation. *sorry for the delay, I need a holiday too.*
cao

Postby Justinespinosa on Wed Jan 10, 2001 9:10 am

Kevin,

have you looked on the bug report section of this forum, i have written what i need for PocketC. I just forget to add that he fileenum function is not really usable. It has a lot of bugs, I just wanted to write a functiun that reads in a while() first index,,*.bmp, then index,*.2bp, then increase index and restart until there's no bmp and no 2bp any more. That just return the right files the first time and when index was two or more, it returns an empty string !?

J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
Justinespinosa

Return to PocketC for CE