Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Only want numeric input

Only want numeric input

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby pdwhit on Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:06 pm

I have created a Pocket C application for my Tungsten C (has a keyboard) and the applicaion prompts for numeric information. Currently I have to press the numeric shift key twice to shift the keyboard to numeric. I notice in the Palm Contact application when I enter a phone number, the keyboard is automatically shifted to numeric. Does anyone know how to do this? I would like to incorporate this in my applicaion so I don't have to press the numeric shift key twice every time I want to enter a number.
Thanks,
pdwhit

Postby dewey on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:34 pm

The way other apps do this is by setting a property on the field that says it should only accept numbers. When this property is set, the OS will automatically set the shift state to numeric mode. If you are creating a field with PToolbox, you can set this property. If you are using the builtin get*() functions, you cannot.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby pdwhit on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:57 pm

Hi Dewey,
I installed PToolBox and searched through the documentation, but wasn't able to figure out which function to use to set the shift state to numeric. Also, once set, do I use the get*() to input my number?
pdwhit

Postby dewey on Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:26 am

To use PToolbox to do this, you need to create your forms and fields with PToolbox. I believe you set this property while creating the field, but I'm not a PToolbox expert (or even a novice, really).
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Tom Miller on Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:07 pm

I think PToolbox can do this with the following function (from PToolbox documentation:

int/string Fctl(int command, int Id)

"Form Control". This is a multi-use function used to control many aspects of forms and dialogs.

The available command are shown in the table below:

Command=319 Define Macro=KEYBOARD

Keyboard Pop. Pops a keyboard. The Id parameter determines the type of keyboard: 0=alpha, 1=numeric, 2= accent.

Regards,
Tom
Tom Miller

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:20 pm

Don't mess with popping a numeric keyboard. All you want to do it set bit 12 of the mode parameter when using the Field command.

Example: Field(1000, (1<<12), ... other params...)

The (1<<12) will set bit 12, the enable numeric field bit.

-Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to PocketC for Palm OS