Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Who wants create a Germany 2006 Orbforms app?

Who wants create a Germany 2006 Orbforms app?

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby lquintal on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:59 pm

Hello Orbforms developers.

One of the most popular applications for PalmOS during "Portugal Euro 2004" was my "Euro2004 for PalmOS" developed with Orbforms Designer back in 2004.

The application was indeed very successful (even Palm used it in their official publicity -> obviously for free!) and I already received a lot of requests for a Germany 2006 version of the program. For various reasons that is not possible. (more details about "Euro 2004 for PalmOS" available on http://members.netmadeira.com/lquintal).

I will provide the full source code to anyone using Orbforms and requesting it as long as:

- You intend to develop a functional new application such as "Germany 2006 for PalmOS" or similar (at least the intention shall be there, otherwise it might be a loss of time)
- You accept the sources provided in a "AS-IS" basis (ex. some comments and variables might be in portuguese while others will be in english; the code may be less legible in some parts; etc). PS: I don't think this is a big problem anyway.
- You make a mention to the original application and original developer in case you publish an application based on the original source code from "Euro 2004 for PalmOS"
- Any application based on my source code (even partially) must be also FREEWARE and should recommend its users to make some donnation in favour of children in need (in the same manner the original "Euro 2004 for PalmOS" did)
- Even if I will be glad to answer related questions, I cannot assure any type support on the given code or on how to use it. In general it will be up to you to understand it and use it.
- L?ɬ?cio Quintal continues to be the copyright owner of the provided files and associated intelectual property (25feb06)

Preferably the new source code (yours) should also be made public, but that is not a requirement. That will be up to you.

Thank you for your interest and good work.

Best regards from Madeira island,

L?ɬ?cio

http://members.netmadeira.com/lquintal
Lúcio
lquintal

Postby fabian1131 on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:23 am

Good Day!
I would be very interested in that. I actually wanted to do something like that but it is loooooots of work !
So the program should be Freeware?
Could you maybe consult me on my mail address:
murat911@gmx.de
I would be looking foreward to program some kind of that.
Thank you very much!

++ Vielen Dank dass Sie meinen Post lesen++
++ Thank you for reading my post ++
++ Merci beaucoup pour lire ma poste ++
++ Grazie per lettura del mio messaggio ++
fabian1131

Postby mlambrigger on Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:19 pm

I am interested in. Can you send me the code (palm@lambrigger.com).

Nice job for 2004

Thanks in advance.

Marc Lambrigger
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Postby lquintal on Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:59 pm

Hello Marc and "Fabian",

The full source code is being sent to you by email (aprox 5Mb of various stuff).
Yes, any application you release with code used from the provided sources *must* follow the restrictions mentioned above, including of course that it *must* be made FREEWARE to the world.

Good work and best regards from the island of Madeira,

L?ɬ?cio

PS: anyone interested shall first put a post here and then email me please!
Lúcio
lquintal

Postby lquintal on Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:29 pm

Hello Marc and "Fabian",

I hope your doing well with the source code of Euro 2004 for Orbforms Designer.
How is it going? (did you receive my 2 emails?)

Best regards,

L?ɬ?cio
Lúcio
lquintal

Postby lquintal on Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:38 pm

I'm now in contact with Marc (no answer yet from Fabian!?). Marc is working on a Germany 2006 application for PalmOS and I will be glad to support him/them.

Well done Marc!

L?ɬ?cio
Lúcio
lquintal

Postby mlambrigger on Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:01 am

At the end of the project, when tha app will be distibuted on the net, I will add the source code on my web site.

If you are interested in, look for next post on this subject.

Marc Lambrigger
Marc Lambrigger
mlambrigger

Postby phdeje on Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:43 pm

Hello Lucio,

I am very inter?ɬ©ss?ɬ© by your idea,
And I had already well appreciated your program during the Euro and I looked forward to the fellow man.

Thus if you always agree...

If you want to discuss it, you can join(contact) me directly to the following address:
Philippe.de-jesus@wanadoo.fr

Thank you in advance
phdeje

Postby lquintal on Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:03 pm

Thank you very much. I have already replied to you by email.

All the best,
L?ɬ?cio

[PS: "Fabian" never replied to any of my emails. I hope he received them, including the source files :-)]

L?ɬ?cio
Lúcio
lquintal

Postby fabian1131 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:34 pm

Hello lquintal,
i dind't ever receive the code. i just once received a mail if im fine with the code, i replied but you didn't.
well now its to late.
regards,

fabian

fabian1131

Postby lquintal on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:57 pm

Hello Fabian,

I will mail you right now the ZIP file, but from a different ISP. Maybe this was the problem.

Best regards,

L?ɬ?cio
Lúcio
lquintal

Postby lquintal on Sun May 21, 2006 9:23 pm

Congratulations Philippe!
Your adaptation works very, very well (beta version).
Yes, you should make it available on the Internet! Why not?
Good job.
L?ɬ?cio

L?ɬ?cio
Lúcio
lquintal

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect