Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Compile source code from Pedit32 as doc file

Compile source code from Pedit32 as doc file

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby wjmal on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:21 pm

Gentlemen:

PocktC. PeditPro32. Handera. Trying to write PocketC apps away from my desktop, I cannot get PocketC to compile my Pedit32 source code. I have exported the Pedit32 to doc format, but do not know how to get PocketC to compile the doc file.

I have found editor options under options in PocketC. I have chosen "none" for Memo and peditpro for Doc. PocketC just picks the memo file.

I know PocketC only compiles files beginning with "//". The doc file is preceded with a number. I don't know how to edit the doc file. So
I have downloaded QED.

Is there a way to set the PocketC compiler to recognize doc files, rather than memos?

Sincerely,

Bill
wjmal@rof.net
wjmal

Postby samps on Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:55 pm

.... In the documentation for PocketC it states that to use doc-files with PocketC, they have to have names ending in .c or .pc

Might this be the cause of your problems?

Samps
Ubuntu user #82
samps

Postby wjmal on Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:38 pm

Dear Samps,

OMYGOD. I read 10 pages of "Built-in Functions". I read 13 pages of "PocketC Language". Where did you find it? Tell me, tell me.

Thank you so much for something so simple. I have new life and can now go on to the next snag. And when I hit it, guess who I will call.

Very Sincerely,

Bill Mallory
wjmal@rof.net
wjmal

Postby samps on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:04 am

Bill,

I found it in the PocketC-doc.html (it's in Program Files\Pocketc\docs in my installation), not so far from the top, in the 'Writing an applet section'..... and, by all means, ask all you want, that's what the community and the forum is here for...

Samps
Ubuntu user #82
samps

Postby wjmal on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:40 pm

Dear Samps,

with bowed head "It never occurred to me to read the Overview..." Anyhow, thanks again.

Till next time,
Bill Mallory
wjmal@rof.net
wjmal

Return to PocketC for Palm OS