Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Update!

Update!

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby Gazza on Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:07 pm

Thanks Dewey,

Is support for Wave files and Control Arrays still on the cards?
Gazza

Postby dewey on Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:57 am

That didn't make it into 4.1 :). Sound is under consideration for the next major update (no schedule yet), but you are still the only user asking for control arrays :).
dewey
Site Admin

Postby FrankG on Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:47 am

Well.... control arrays can be scaffolded by arrays of pointers to UI controls but if it wasn't a big deal to implement natively it would provide something that 1) would be handy 2) seems like it would be a natural feature of the IDE and 3) close a gap between OrbForms and some other platforms.

It's not a life or death requirement for me but I've often encountered times when I'd have used them if they were available.

Just a thought,
Frank :)
FrankG

Postby sangahm on Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:17 pm

What about the database/table grid as a control -- is that on a list somewhere? Judging by the number of requests, explanations, and discussions, it should be a very well received addition.
sangahm

Postby orbFan on Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:41 pm

I had a progam built on OrbForms 3.0.4. I tried updating some of its features using OrbForms 4.1. Much to my surpise, the program went out of control. The database couldn't save any figure nor even read correct values, and the security codes (saved on a database) wouldn't function. Good thing I had a backup. I updated it using the older version - 3.0.4.
Dewey, is this what OrbForms version 4.1.1 just recently fixed? Is it now safe to update programs built on older versions?
orbFan

Postby dewey on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:00 pm

Yes, that is what I fixed. Let me know if you have any more trouble.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Gazza on Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Controls arrays would only require one handler and use an index to find the focus on a control which had been selected. This was a problem for me a while back with the code limited to 64K, using 81 buttons (81 Handlers) this was a large portion of code.
Gazza

Postby sangahm on Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:18 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sangahm</i>
<br />What about the database/table grid as a control -- is that on a list somewhere? Judging by the number of requests, explanations, and discussions, it should be a very well received addition.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

bump.
sangahm

Postby dewey on Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:07 am

That's the highest feature on the list, but there is currently no schedule for when it will be developed.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby Gazza on Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:54 am

A Database/Table Grid would not be too difficult to program with the use of a Gadget. However what separates my applications from other palm applications is the use of sound (Wav/Midi Sound Generator). This feature would be most important because it's something not so easy to create with this programming language.
Gazza

Postby sangahm on Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:18 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gazza</i>
<br />A Database/Table Grid would not be too difficult to program with the use of a Gadget....

Care to post some code on how to do this? There are many threads on this forum on this very topic, and several people have put simple code snippets up, but no one's tackled putting together a working database grid and making it into a gadget.
sangahm

Postby Gazza on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi Sangahm,

It depends on how complex you want the control, just drawing a grid and truncating the text would be very easy. But if you wanted to resize columns and rows that would take quite a bit more programming.

Programming the control with many features would probably be best suited to a native gadget.

There will be more experienced programmers on the forum who whould have better knowledge of this.
Gazza

Postby sangahm on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:09 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gazza</i>
<br />There will be more experienced programmers on the forum who whould have better knowledge of this.

That was kind of my point, and why it is a requested feature. If it takes a more experienced programmer to do this, those of us without those skills end up spending quite a bit of time trying to develop something with mediocre results. I get how to do the simple examples, but trying to do things like resizing columns, adding color, scroll bars, selecting database records, etc. gets to be quite a challenge. It has me stumped.
sangahm

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect