Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Drawing lines on screen

Drawing lines on screen

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby sangahm on Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:36 pm

I'm drawing lines, frames, and rectangles on screen to create a table effect with rows and columns. Since the data is not dynamic, it will not need to be done using UIList.

1) Is there an easier way to draw this stuff other than counting the pixels and trial and error (I had hoped to "draw" it on the Forms Designer like I do with fields, labels, etc.

2) I draw these lines in the ondraw() handler as well as draw background in color. I'd like to be able to have fields and labels appear over these without erasing part of the lines or drawing in the wrong colors. This is all very tedious -- is there a better way?
sangahm

Postby sangahm on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:11 pm

...further to that question:

When drawing a colored rectangle box on screen over a label, it always covers up the label. How can I get the form to redraw the label so it shows that its "on top" of the background color?

For fields, when they are updated or changed, their redrawn on top of the background, but not so for labels.
sangahm

Postby FrankG on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:24 pm

Does it help to set the label visible attribute to true after the draw?

Frank
FrankG

Postby sangahm on Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:36 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FrankG</i>
<br />Does it help to set the label visible attribute to true after the draw?

Frank
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes it does, thanks. I actually used label.text to rewrite the text, but your approach is much better and cleaner.
sangahm

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect