Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - OrbForms Designer & A Table Browser

OrbForms Designer & A Table Browser

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby bertw on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:51 pm

How would I create a Table Browser to display say 4 columns and 10 rows.
Each column would contain the data from a field of a record, and each row would hold the record containing that field, so that the 4 fields of those 10 records could be viewed simultaneously.

I am evaluating the demo with a view to replacing PDA Tools which I have used to date, and I need some guidance.

Many Thanks

bw
bw
bertw

Postby sangahm on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bertw</i>
<br />How would I create a Table Browser to display say 4 columns and 10 rows.
Each column would contain the data from a field of a record, and each row would hold the record containing that field, so that the 4 fields of those 10 records could be viewed simultaneously.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

That feature is not a built-in feature of Designer/Architect. It must be mostly coded manually, with some help from UIList functionality. It has been requested a few times, and there is some feedback on this forum on how to go about doing it, but it's not a trivial task (IMO) for the inexperienced.
sangahm

Postby bertw on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:59 am

Hello Sangahm,

Thanks very much for your advice. I must have a Table Browser for my programs, but before abandoning OrbForms Designer, could you direct me to the information regarding the coding of these objects so that I can review it. I have had some OOP experience, but possibly may find the exercise too demanding. However, I feel that I should explore these avenues completely before I take my final decision.

Orbforms Designer language has a definite appeal to me.

Once again, my grateful thanks for your comments.

Bert Wicks

bw
bw
bertw

Postby sangahm on Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:27 pm

Here's one thread that gives a decent amount of detail on how to do the tables using UIList:

http://pocketc.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPI ... ecord,list
or shortened:
http://tinyurl.com/y2zsh6
sangahm

Postby bertw on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:06 pm

Thanks Sangahm,

I will study this code and attempt to come to a conclusion.

Bert Wicks

bw
bw
bertw

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect