Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - PocketC Architect for Palm OS vs for PC

PocketC Architect for Palm OS vs for PC

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby dmrey73 on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:13 pm

I'm contemplating purchasing PCA - and don't know if it would be foolish to buy the Palm OS version to create a small data collecting program. Is it harder to debug and code on the Palm. Obviously - I have no keyboard - so it will take more time to enter code ... but does the $10 difference justify the cost in time?

Anyone here code with the Palm OS version only? What are your feelings?

Anyone with both Palm and PC versions? What do you think?

Thanks,
Daniel
dmrey73

Postby RWB on Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:58 pm

8) The PalmOs version of PocketC Architect is great.
I code both on my Palm with PocketC Architect and on the PC with PocketC Architect Desktop and I'm very pleased with it.
It's easy to code with the Palm pda/Treo.
The GUI objects is great and it's nearly like coding in Windows etc.I feel free to be able to code everywhere ex:In the library,in the bath,on the beach etc etc.I use "QED" for coding and "PCA" for compiling on the Palmpda.
Also, I use a db converter "QEX" to convert my ocp/oc files between the PC/Pda-Pda/PC and it works great. There is no alternative to PocketC Architect for the PPC that I can see, only the old PocketC for Wince!

"QED" is also a shareware that you can use for free, only with som nagscreens.
You can use the twinmode in "QED", when You code 2 files and that's great.
Suggestion:
Buy a Palm and Pocketc Architect.
Download the Palmos emulator to the PC.
Download QED/QEX and start developing.
PCA Rules.
Very pleased reguser of PCA.8)

RWB
RWB
RWB

Postby xaviersmork on Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:24 pm

I've tried both. On the go it is nice to have on your PDA, but easier to use on the computer. Much easier.
xaviersmork

Postby sangahm on Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:36 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by xaviersmork</i>
<br />I've tried both. On the go it is nice to have on your PDA, but easier to use on the computer. Much easier.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I would tend to agree. While I only have Designer, I did trial PCA and for small fixes it would be real nice, but for developing a full app it seemed that the lack of keyboard on my T3 would be tedious. But for $10, it seems to be a good value for on the go compiling as an addition to the desktop.
sangahm

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect