Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Pointers on "Pointers"

Pointers on "Pointers"

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby tonyhunterajh on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi,

I am trying to create a pointer to a data structure that I can reuse within an object. I am getting this error when I compile...

"type name expected"

This is the code...

// Event Data Record Structure.
struct EventRecord {
string Event;
Date EventDate;
string EventType;
string EventNotes;
int EventCookingStatus;
int EventFinishedStatus;
};

EventRecord CurrentEvent;
EventRecord* pEventRecord;
pEventRecord = &CurrentEvent;

The error occurs on the last line. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tony
tonyhunterajh

Postby tonyhunterajh on Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:32 pm

Can anyone help me with this?

I have searched the forum and found a post where someone was having the same issue but it is not clear whether this can be done or not. The documentation seems to indicate that it can; however, I continue to get this message. Please help!

Tony
tonyhunterajh

Postby FrankG on Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:06 pm

Tony,

I pasted your code into a test project I use and it worked okay. I had to put the struct def at the very top of the main project oc file but otherwise didn't change anything. It compiled okay for me with OrbForms Designer.

HTH,
Frank
FrankG

Postby tonyhunterajh on Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:36 pm

Frank, thanks. I will move some things around and see what happens.

Tony
tonyhunterajh

Postby tonyhunterajh on Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:27 am

Well, no go. :( No matter where I place this code it will not compile under PocketC Architect v4.1.1 Build 79 (24 Aug 2006).

Tony
tonyhunterajh

Postby dewey on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:10 am

The problem is likely that you are trying to execute the assignment in the global scope. You need to move the assignment statement into a function or method.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby FrankG on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:28 pm

Makes sense. I had copied the code into app.onstart() as a logical place to put it and then had to move the struct definition into the main oc (in global.) So I did what you recommended in the opposite order and it compiled.

Frank
FrankG

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect