Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Wedge app causes crash

Wedge app causes crash

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby jobie on Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Hi,

I'm developing a project that incorporates a barcode reader, and the device manufacturer (Aceeca) provides a wedge app that runs in the background and converts scanned barcodes to keystrokes.

It works perfectly in my app, except that when the device wakes up after having powered down to sleep mode, it crashes everytime. It ONLY crashes if the wedge is running.

My first inclination was to blame the wedge...but I can find no other application causes the crash. But it happens on every app I've written using OrbForms.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...I'm supposed to ship this thing this week.

-John

The wedge app is here:
http://www.aceeca.com/downloads/download_overview.php/cPath/1/downloads_id/11
jobie

Postby dewey on Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:09 pm

Unfortunately, the wedge app cannot be run on an emulator, and I have no access to a scanner. Their documentation does not contain any information about what it would be doing when the device wakes up, and certainly puts no requirements on the app at that point in time.

I recommend you work with aceeca to determine what the wedge is doing at power on that might cause incompatibility with running applications.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby nmc on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:52 am

If it doesnt have to be an Aceeca hardware, you may try Grabba hardware instead.
I've already worked with them, very friendly people, nice hardware, and now there is an orbforms-addin for using their drivers :-)
nmc

Postby jobie on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:28 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dewey</i>
<br />Unfortunately, the wedge app cannot be run on an emulator, and I have no access to a scanner. Their documentation does not contain any information about what it would be doing when the device wakes up, and certainly puts no requirements on the app at that point in time.

I recommend you work with aceeca to determine what the wedge is doing at power on that might cause incompatibility with running applications.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Upon further investigation, it doesn't seem to have the behavior on ALL Meazura devices...we grabbed another one from our stockpile and it works fine. :-/

But is there any internal housekeeping duties that OrbForms does "behind the scenes" when waking up that might cause a problem?

Thanks,
John
jobie

Postby dewey on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:53 pm

No, the runtime isn't aware of power events at all.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby jobie on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:37 pm

It turns out the wedge was at fault...they have a new version out in beta that seems to have taken care of the problem.

Thanks!

-John
jobie

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect