Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Application Categories

Application Categories

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby kda406 on Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:42 pm

I just switched from hand coding my Palm apps to using OrbForms Designer, which is really rad :mrgreen:. I cannot find in the docs how to set a category for my apps in the launcher (they all come up 'Unfiled'). Where do I set up the app category?

I like my apps to be stored in a specific category in the PalmOS Launcher. Just like you have 'Main', 'System', 'Utilities', 'Unfiled', my apps get stored in their own category named 'GA Controls'.

Here is how I did it in the .rcp file when compiling using PilRC:
LAUNCHERCATEGORY ID 1000 "GA Controls"

How do I do this?

Thanks, Kyle.
kda406

Postby nmc on Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:15 pm

currently you cant do this with OrbForms.
nmc

Postby kda406 on Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:23 pm

> currently you cant do this with OrbForms.

I hate to hear that. OrbForms Designer is a great product, but I hate to lose a tool when I upgrade. Does anybody know if this will be "fixed" [:0] in an upcoming release?

Thanks, Kyle
kda406

Postby design4use on Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:28 pm

There are a number of freeware tools which you can use to convert your app's category. I believe Filez is one of them.
design4use

Postby dewey on Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:32 am

This feature won't make it into the next version, which is feature complete and in final testing. However, I will add it for the release that follows 2.2. In the meantime, you can add this after building by doing the following:
1) Create a text file category.txt containing "GA Controls "
2) Edit the text file in a hex editor to change that trailing space to a null (hex 00)
3) Add the launcher category resource using the par tool (http://www.djw.org/product/palm/par/) with this command line:
par a yourApp.prc -T taic 1000 category.txt

Jeremy
dewey
Site Admin

Postby kda406 on Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:28 pm

Thanks guys. I'll do the work around for now, and look forward to the upcoming releases.
-Kyle
kda406

Postby kda406 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:14 pm

<b>dewey</b> wrote:<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I will add it for the release that follows 2.2.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
OrbForms is up to version 4.1.1 and still doesn't have this function as far as I can tell. I realize it has <i><b>only</b></i> been three years... :mrgreen:

I'm still using par and it's still a pain in the butt.

Thanks,
Kyle
kda406

Postby dewey on Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:44 am

Hmmm... that request made it into the bug database, but seems to have been postponed each time. Sorry about that :(.

Good news, though. You can use the @cmd directive to run a command after compiling.

Add this line to any file in your project:
@cmd "par a yourApp.prc -T taic 1000 category.txt";

This was added to the compiler in v4.0 to support legacy PocketC code, but neglected to get documented as a new feature.
dewey
Site Admin

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect