Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - newbie quest: Assign field to variable.

newbie quest: Assign field to variable.

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby steveK on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:56 pm

Firstly Hello again!

I registered Architect and OrbFOrms about a your ago then promptly disappeared. I found OrbC too hard for my brain, so I've been self teaching on VBA in Word. Am back now, but still with a little brain. THis will be a very simple problem for all of you...

I have a simple OrbForms project with 1 field (fldName), a button (btnGreetMe), and a string variable (strName). My idea is the I'd be able to type my name into the field, then upon clicking the button, strName would assume the value of fldName. It would then display "Hello Steve." The compiler keeps hanging on the assignment
strName = fldName;
I've scoured the help files and it seems like the syntax should work ... here's the code:

// mainform.oc
// Created for mainForm

string strName;

handler mainForm.onopen() {
alert("Enter your name then click the buttton");
}

handler mainOptionsAbout.onselect() {
alert("This is an OrbForms Designer Application");
}

handler btnGreetMe.onselect() {
strName = fldName;
alert("Hello" + strName);
}

Ideas? Thanks in advance...
Sincerely, Codeless.
steveK

Postby nmc on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:31 pm

try fldName.text if you want the contents of that object :-)
nmc

Postby steveK on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:51 pm

Yes, because I don't want the entire text field object... only the property that is gotten by .text !!

That worked perfectly, thank you !! :D
steveK

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect