Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - text field (multi line, auto wrap, scrollbar)

text field (multi line, auto wrap, scrollbar)

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby wahnsinn on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:46 am

Hi everybody,

I'm just trying to create my very first Palm-OS-application.

I'd like to have a list where each item has got three sub items (1. text, 2. id, 3. price). The first problem is, that the text can be very long. So it's necessary to wrap on the end of the line.
The second problem is, that the there are many items, so I'd like to offer a scrollbar to the user as they know it from regular PC-applications.

My idea was to use a simple text field, but it seems, a text field as I know from the computer world does not exist on PocketC. After some days of using Google, I found:

http://pocketc.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=960
http://pocketc.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1998

The problem with wrapping the words seems to be solved, but I didn't get any way to scroll my textbox. I don't know how to do, but I'm sure there must be any way.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jstadolnik</i>
<br />Another approach is to use the textbox() PToolbox function. (...) It has a number of features including (...) word wrapping and scrolling.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

wahnsinn

Postby dewey on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:09 pm

If you are just getting started anyway, I would recommend you use PocketC Architect instead. It has native support for UI elements, including textboxes and associated scrollbars.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby wahnsinn on Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:21 am

I just downloaded the Demo. But the only thing I see, is a simple Code-Editor. How can that help me?

wahnsinn

Postby samps on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 am

The 'Architect' in PocketC Architect doesn't refer to the code editor but to a language far more advanced than PocketC. As Dewey said (and he should know) it lets you use UI elements... amongst those, lists and dropdown/combo boxes.... and it will even handle your 'old' PocketC snippets with minor modifications.

Have a look at the help files and you'll soon get the idea.

Samps

Ubuntu user #82
Ubuntu user #82
samps

Postby wahnsinn on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:35 pm

I found the OrbWorks Designer. A wonderful tool, that helped me very much.:)

wahnsinn

Return to PocketC for Palm OS