Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Responding to other launch codes

Responding to other launch codes

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Responding to other launch codes

Postby earlcasper on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:48 pm

I have developed a small open source utility with cygwin and PRC-tools, which solves the problem of Pocket C Architect programs not being able to respond to other than the normal launch code and launchCodeOrbCAppWithArgs, for one case which is to respond to the sysAppLaunchCmdGoTo launch code that the compiler issues when the user compiles his code with an error and taps the go to button. My utility, called Archer, stores the parameter buffer in a db then calls an editor written in Pocket C Architect with a launch code of launchCodeOrbCAppWithArgs and meaningful launchArgs. Everyone is welcome to look at it to see how it is done, and/or use it for that matter, especially if you are enjoying writing a Pocket C Architect Editor written in the Pocket C Architect language like I am. :D I have posted it to my web page at http://www.coconutpalm.org
earlcasper

Re: Responding to other launch codes

Postby Percival on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:44 pm

Nice job :)

Is Archer a combination of Architect and Editor?
Percival

Postby earlcasper on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:34 pm

Archer is just a go-between an editor and the compiler. The zip file includes a small Architect program which demonstrates the launchArgs linkage. It also includes a README file which shows the format of the db in case you want to use that linkage. The linkage which is in the Pocket C Architect's documentation at the end of the Contents > PocketC Architect Basics > PocketC Architect for Palm OS section, along with Archer, will allow an editor to seem to be a part of the Architect compiler. I work for the post office, so I won't be able to do much work on my editor till next year because of the Christmas rush, but I should be able to have more fun working on it next year. :D
Last edited by earlcasper on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earlcasper

Postby Percival on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:17 pm

Yes I understood that it is a "in-between" thing. Just wondered about the name ;)
Percival

Postby earlcasper on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:35 pm

Archer is short for Architect-errors - it helps the Architect compiler report errors. I was thinking of calling my editor, which will include the Archer linkage, Arched, short for Architect-editor. But maybe that would be a bit much. :)
earlcasper

Postby earlcasper on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:08 pm

I posted on my web page the wrong creatorID which you are supposed to use when calling the compiler :oops: The correct one is 'Arer".
earlcasper

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect