Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Database & Dropdown

Database & Dropdown

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Re: Database & Dropdown

Postby nmc on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:56 am

Orbforms doesnt support block-local declarations, so move those declarations before (or after) the line beginning with "Database".
nmc

Postby zyzix on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:01 pm

Okay, thanks nmc that one works now, i can compile without any error, however - it seems that the appCreator Database Snippet does not work.
The error Message (on Palm) is Addr: 1088 Func:colorForm.onopen: Database must be opened/created first.
Okay, this how i create the DB:

Code: Select all
if (colorDB.create("farben", "data", app.creator, false))
{
and so on...

Hmm, i don't get this, has anyone an idea how i can fix this? Thank you for your support, -zyzix.
zyzix

Postby tommyrev on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Well, the first two lines stand out to me:

Database colorDB;
if (jobDB.create("farben", "data", app.creator, false))

You have declared a database variable, colorDB. Then, on the very next line you are using a different database variable, jobDB. I do not see where you have declared this second database variable. Either you mistyped the variable name in the second line, and it should have been colorDB, or you need to declare a variable for this second database - e.g.

Database jobDB;

In addition, I see the following line of code later:

int cnt = db.nrecs, i=0;

Where do you declare the variable db? If it is a third database, then I would expect to see a declaration somewhere:

Database db;
tommyrev

Postby samps on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Move your declaration of the StringList out of the IF-loop and paste it in just below the place where you declare your database and see what happens.

Samps
Ubuntu user #82
samps

Postby tommyrev on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:25 pm

Show your whole code again. I suspect that you now have a database variable (e.g., Database db) that you are trying to call some method on (such as db.getrec) without having call either db.open or db.create. Without seeing all you code, who knows.
tommyrev

Postby zyzix on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:48 am

Okey, first thanks to you tommyrev! I've added the lines you give me, indeed - it looks better now but after Building the prc the error on the palm remains. Here's the code:

handler personalForm.onopen() {
   string pages[2] = { "Einfach", "Erweitert" };

// Datenbank f?ºr die Farben aufbauen
   Database colorDB;
   Database db;

StringList sl;
   string txt;
   DBRecord rec;
   int cnt = db.nrecs, i=0;

if (colorDB.create("farben", "data", app.creator, false))
   {
      while (i<cnt) {
         if (colorDB.getrec(i, rec, true)) {
            rec.read(&txt, typeof(txt), 1);
            rec.close();
            sl.add(txt);
            ++i;
         //}
      //list.setitemslist(sl);
      }
   else
      alert("colorDB wurde nicht geladen!.");
   colorDB.close();

No other linked codeparts are there. It should just load a second database which loads the colors (red,blue,green etc). The List is "listColorlist" and the popup is "popColors". Thank you, - zyzix
zyzix

Postby nmc on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:57 am

* db.nrecs must be colorDB.nrecs
* the assigment has to be after the create/open
* if you create the db, its empty, so you wont get any records out of it; instead, you should try open() first and create() if that fails
nmc

Postby zyzix on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:36 pm

nmc wrote:* the assigment has to be after the create/open

Hmm, but as i remember OrbForms does not support block-based declarations ? Thanks for the hint for the db.nrec to colorDB.nrec. So how to declare the int cnt = colorDB.nrecs, i=0; before the create/open *outside* the if/else ? The code is mainly the same as above. Thank you, -zyzix
zyzix

Postby nmc on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:03 pm

You are really new to programming, arent you? ;-)
int cnt, i = 0;
if (db.create(...)) {
   cnt = db.nrecs;
   while (i<cnt) {
   }
   db.close();
}
list.setitemslist(s);
nmc

Postby zyzix on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:39 pm

Hah! Thank you very nmc and tommyrev, it works now perfectly, exactly how i've imagined :D - yes i'm quite new in the software devlopment area. Again, thank you very much for your patience ;) -zyzix

For others wo have the same problem heres my full db-code:

Database colorDB;
   StringList sl;
   string txt;
   DBRecord rec;
   int cnt, i = 0;

if (colorDB.create("colors", "data", app.creator, false))
   {
      while (i<cnt) {
         if (colorDB.getrec(i, rec, true)) {
            rec.read(&txt, typeof(txt), 1);
            rec.close();
            sl.add(txt);
            ++i;
      }
   else
      alert("Could not load database!");
   colorDB.close();
zyzix

Postby nmc on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:50 pm

This cant work as exprected, because:
1. variable cnt isnt initialized, so your "while (i<cnt)" has random result
2. as I said before, when you create a db it is empty, so you will never be able to read the contents of a record (db.nrec=0, your while() loop will never be executed)

Use open instead of create and create/fill the db elsewhere.
nmc

Postby zyzix on Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Yes i knew that the DB was empty so i replaced it with the open part and send some sample db from the computer to the Palm (Z22). One question tough: What does the StringList sl; exactly ?
zyzix

Postby zyzix on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:01 am

Hmm, i've got the last big question: I am working on the Survey-Example as a basic for my program (Which stores Objects with their colors). Thank to the guys who helped me i've could setup a drop-down list with a second database connection which stores the colors - i've take that snipped and also used it for a third database which is also available in the drop-down menue. Now, i have other GUI Components like Textboxes and Buttons. When i'm entering some Values in the PALM (in my case: name(textbox), product(db-drop-down), color(db-drop-down) and the size (buttons). After that, i'm clicking on "Save" and the screen clears and the Values are saved into the "productDB". But the values of the two drop-down menues are not saved. I'm guessing (based on the Survey-Documentation) that i have to add the code into the RecordMgr.oc which includes all save functions. The basic save-routine looks like:
void savePersonalData() {
  // save the data from the form into the current record
  entry.per.name = fldPersonalName.text;
  entry.per.age = fldPersonalAge.text;
  if (pushMale.checked) {
    entry.per.sex = 0;
  } else {
    entry.per.sex = 1;
  }
  entry.per.status = listPersonalStatus.selitem;
}

Has anyone here an idea how i could implement the save function for the two drop-down menues ? I really appreciate it.
Thank you very much for your support. -zyzix
zyzix

Postby zyzix on Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:16 pm

Nvrmnd. Figured it out myself :)
zyzix

Previous

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect