Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Bitmap Error

Bitmap Error

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby Gazza on Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:54 pm

I am getting this error when compiling,

Build failed
(0 ): unable to create bitmap 'bmpTitle': all images must be the same size

I have used different sized bitmaps on my apps before, don't know why I am getting this error?

Thanks in advance Gaz
Gazza

Postby nmc on Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:20 am

The images used in ONE Bitmap must be the same size (or double size for hires images)
nmc

Postby Gazza on Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:48 pm

My mistake, I was thinking of size as in terms of file size.

Cheers Gaz
Gazza

Re: Bitmap Error

Postby bhartman36 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:27 pm

I'm having a similar problem, only I am using the same size image. In fact, I'm using the same image. How come it still doesn't like it, even if it's the only image in the app?

Brian
bhartman36

Postby nmc on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 pm

The same image for what?
standard and high density image?
nmc

Postby bhartman36 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Yes. I initially only filled it in for the hi-res stuff, but when I realized I needed an image for all of them, I put the same one in. It's only a two-color image, so it shouldn't be a big deal, should it?

Generally, I just need to know the rules. I can make the images if I know the rules.
bhartman36

Postby nmc on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:50 pm

The low-res images must be half width/height;
if your hi-res image is 32x32 pixels, your low-res image has to be 16x16 pixels.
nmc

Postby bhartman36 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:27 pm

nmc wrote:The low-res images must be half width/height;
if your hi-res image is 32x32 pixels, your low-res image has to be 16x16 pixels.

And I need to put in both, right? So if I make a hi-res image, and then half the size and make that the other one, would I be okay? I'm just confused by the fact that it's not accepting the one image.
bhartman36

Postby nmc on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:00 pm

With the latest orbforms compiler you dont need to specify a low-res image, but if you cant guarantee that your app will never be used on a low-res (Tungsten T, older Treo and Zire models) or mid-res (Qool and maybe some other third party smart-phones) devices, you should define a low-res image.
You can also specify only the low-res image, in this case your app will be operable on any device, but it wont look as nice as it could be ;-)
nmc

Postby bhartman36 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:32 pm

nmc wrote:With the latest orbforms compiler you dont need to specify a low-res image, but if you cant guarantee that your app will never be used on a low-res (Tungsten T, older Treo and Zire models) or mid-res (Qool and maybe some other third party smart-phones) devices, you should define a low-res image.
You can also specify only the low-res image, in this case your app will be operable on any device, but it wont look as nice as it could be ;-)

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still having problems with using one image. I keep getting the error, "all images must be the same size". This is confusing to me, because I only have one image in the whole app. (I didn't specify a low-res image. Once I get it working with the high-res image, then I'll worry about the low-res one.)
bhartman36

Postby earlcasper on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:59 am

bhartman36,

When I have trouble making something work, I sometimes find something similar that I know works and change it a little at a time until it's what I want it to be. In this case I would find a bitmap in another program which works, plug it into my program, and then try to compile it. This almost always works. As for finding bitmaps similar to the one you want, on the OnBoardC forum John Wylund wrote:

Re: [OnBoardC] How do I get resources out of a .prc?
TbmpEdit might do the trick.
http://tbmpedit.sourceforge.net/
/john

I haven't tried it yet, but is seems that it does a lot more, too.

-Earl
earlcasper

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect