Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - UIPushButton.visible BUG

UIPushButton.visible BUG

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

UIPushButton.visible BUG

Postby kda406 on Mon May 19, 2008 8:29 pm

When I put a UIPushButton on a screen, and then turn it invisible, it still shows up like this:

In this case, there are push buttons available when in Test mode, but the buttons are supposed to disappear when the user selects Normal mode. The buttons look right when I make them visible.

The push buttons are made invisible in the following fashion:
Code: Select all
pushTestDirectionHeat.visible = false;
pushTestDirectionCool.visible = false;

Is there any work-around? Hopefully we can get a fix for this.

Thanks,
Kyle
kda406

Re: UIPushButton.visible BUG

Postby Rudi on Tue May 20, 2008 5:39 am

yes, i know this problem :( but it still exists only on os3/os4 palms. the visible flag works fine on my os5 lifedrive and sony ux50.
what can you do?
ugh ... the way is to overdraw the buttons.

First, i define my buttons.
Second, i define a gadget or a bitmap or a multi-line-field - anything its big enough to overlay all buttons.

in my code i do this:

// make the buttons invisible
button1.visible = false;
button2.visible = false;
// overdraw the button frames
myoverlay_object.visible = true;
myoverlay_object.visible = false;

thats a really bad solution, but it works ... on my palm iiiex.

Greetings,
Rudi
Rudi

Postby nmc on Tue May 20, 2008 8:17 am

try "mainForm.redraw(0x800);" instead, this should also remove the lines from your form.
nmc

Postby kda406 on Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm

I was thinking that I would have to use Rudi's suggestion, and had not considered a redraw. I use redraws frequently for other applications, but did not think of using it to overcome this bug. I tried using redraw() and it works very well. Thank you!

The form redraw code specified in the call to UIForm.redraw(). If the form is being redrawn by the system, code is 0x8000

The help says to use 0x8000, and your suggestion said 0x800. I tried 0x800, 0x8000, and 0. They all seem to work identically. Help really does not explain why I would use one number or another to my satisfaction. Is there a good reason to use 0x8000 instead of just 0?

Thanks,
Kyle
kda406

Postby nmc on Tue May 20, 2008 2:35 pm

obviously, the runtime does not use the parameter at all; maby jeremy can tell us if there are any pans for this parameter?
nmc

Postby antix on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:13 pm

Well he said if its being redrawn by the system, perhaps there are a few cases where you.. I don't know, I have been using Architect for a long time and there are still things I don't get...
antix

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect