Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Drawing a Bitmap in hires: Is it possible in Architect?

Drawing a Bitmap in hires: Is it possible in Architect?

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Drawing a Bitmap in hires: Is it possible in Architect?

Postby antix on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:59 pm

I am making a Hi Resolution game in PocketC Architect, and I need to know something: Is it possible to draw a bitmap in hi res? I couldn't think of a way to do it, so I went ahead and made a seperate buffer in my game containing the players tank, then when the tank needs to be updated, it draws the tank from the tank buffer to the screen buffer, and adds modifications there, then draws it to the screen. Thats all good, but I would like to get rid of the crapload of lines of code that doing this took.. So... Is drawing a bitmap in high res possible? Because I would really like to not have to figure out how to redo this in Orbworks..
antix

Re: Drawing a Bitmap in hires: Is it possible in Architect?

Postby antix on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:03 pm

Sorry if there is an edit feature, I failed to find it if there was. Anyways, just so you know, when I say drawing a bitmap in high resolution, I don't mean drawing it while you are drawing in hi res, I mean actually drawing it in hi res, if you get what I mean.. I can't think of how to explain it..so.. I hope you understand what I mean, as when I read my previous post, it struck me as possible that someone would get what I am trying to do, wrong.
antix

Postby nmc on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:28 am

Just insert your bitmap as hires resource and orbforms will draw it in hires when assigned to form-objects;
when drawing directly to the screen (or a buffer), use nbegin instead of begin.
So yes, its possible to draw a bitmap in hires.
nmc

Postby antix on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:18 pm

I tried that. I thought I had it set correctly, but whenever I tried to draw the bitmap in hires, it was just black. When I try drawning it to the buffer, I am using nbegin(), but it is still lores... Any ideas? Am I supposed to be using the generic @resource, or the @bitmap? And is there a hires bit to be set?
antix

Postby dewey on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:04 am

Use @bitmap. Use the imagehX = syntax to declare a high res image.
dewey
Site Admin

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect