Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - How to setROP2 ?

How to setROP2 ?

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby jh on Thu Jan 25, 2001 11:47 am

I'm trying to draw a cursor in a graphic to show the coordinates of the penned point.

To do that properly, when the pen moves the old cursor needs to be erased without erasing the underlying graphic.

In eVC one could use the setROP2() function to do the XORing with the background. Is there a similar function in PocketC ?

Alternativelly, can one use the functions in coredll.dll ? How ?

Thank you.
jh

Postby Justinespinosa on Thu Jan 25, 2001 5:44 pm

In PocketC V2, You can use the keepscreen_on() and ..._off() functions.

I have done an exemple of this. you can try it by downloading it on my site (http://www.outs4pda.cjb.net then Windows CE Area, and Softwares exemple) or just ask me if you need other help.

I don't work with pocketC V3, so i don't know for the DLL

J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
Justinespinosa

Postby guy on Fri Jan 26, 2001 8:37 am

I looked at lots of ways of doing this for PCForm for it's rubber band selection box. There is no direct access to an xor drawing operation, which is a real shame. I tried using very small (1 pixel wide or high) windows controls with a border instead of the line drawing functions, but the performance was poor. They did get over the problem though.

Until an xor drawing mode is introduced I've given up and just undraw the box in the background colour and draw it again in the new position. I've added a screen refresh option to the menu so that the user can get rid of all the little lines that appear where the undraw doesn't actually go over the main background.

I still wait for the xor drawing mode that I requested two years ago...

Hi Kevin :-)

Guy
Guy
[url]mailto:pcform@pcform.net[/url]
http://www.pcform.net
PocketC CE API interface: http://www.networkdynamics.net/PCForm.html#library
PCForm and CE API forum: http://www.networkdynamics.net/forum
guy

Postby guy on Fri Jan 26, 2001 8:40 am

The alternative is to write an interface DLL in evc and call the real functions. See Kevin's post about this elsewhere on the web board.

You then need to distribute versions for all combinations of processor, operating system and device format with your PocketC application. This means that you need the older vcce product as well as evc if you want to catch the older operating system versions and devices.

Guy
Guy
[url]mailto:pcform@pcform.net[/url]
http://www.pcform.net
PocketC CE API interface: http://www.networkdynamics.net/PCForm.html#library
PCForm and CE API forum: http://www.networkdynamics.net/forum
guy

Postby jh on Fri Jan 26, 2001 10:39 am

Justin and Guy,

Thank you.

Joao
jh