Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - using runtime with BuildPRC

using runtime with BuildPRC

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby hibbardt_iis on Wed Dec 13, 2000 2:30 pm

How do I get the programs that I have build with the BuildPRC to run on the runtime. I have found that the only way to run programs that I have built on the BuildPRC is to have the standerd PocketC compilier and have the source code compilied before I launch the program. If I don't have it compilied I get an error message saying "Error loading 'Program name' applet".
What am I doing wrong
hibbardt_iis

Postby SyPDA on Wed Dec 13, 2000 3:45 pm

The .PRC you build with BuildPRC is only a start-routine!
This is NOT a complete program. You still need your compiled program (*.pdb) on your palm!

BuildPRC only gives you the possibility to start your program directly by tapping the icon in your launcher. It does not give you ONE COMPLETE program.

So if you want to distribute your program, you have to give your users three things:

1. Your_Program.PDB (your compiled program)
2. Your_Program.PRC (the icon and start-routine)
3. Either PocketC or the PocketC runtime

Be careful while testing this: If you install the PocketC runtime you will overwrite your PocketC compiler!
I have a very handy tool on my palm called pz. It's an archiver for Palm OS. I have two archives on my Palm. One with the complete compiler and the other with the runtime module. If I want to test a program with the runtime I overwrite the compiler with the runtime archive and do my tests. When I'm done I overwrite the runtime with the compiler archive and can compile again. I don't have to hotsync the packages everytime I want to use them. You can get pz at http://www.sra.co.jp/people/hoshi/palmos/pz.html

Hope I could help you... :)
SyPDA

Postby mbaker on Thu Dec 14, 2000 4:32 am

If you use the desktop verion of Pocket C, you can create .prc files that don't require the additional .pdb file. (ie install PROGRAM.prc and PocketC.prc)
mbaker

Return to PocketC for Palm OS