Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - POSE

POSE

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby iebnn on Mon Feb 12, 2001 6:03 pm

Where can I get POSE (the Palm emulator)? And how do I make it into a Visor?
and I'm thinking of programming an internet application -- but I don't have a modem for my Visor. Can I use POSE to test the internet capabilities?
Also, is it possible to create client-server applications using PocketC? If not, do you think the owner could add something to it so that I can transfer data to a server and get data back? I know how to program TCP/IP and UDP apps. I'm going to be programming the first massively mutliplayer RPG for the Palm :)
iebnn

Postby SyPDA on Mon Feb 12, 2001 10:32 pm

This question is totally out of topic here in the PocketC on Palm OS section.

Anyway, you can download the latest POSE release on http://www.palm.com. Within the POSE package you'll find a Palm program for downloading the ROM file from your Visor. You will need it to run the POSE with. If you do not own a Visor, you should sign up with Palm or Handspring to get a ROM file. And yes, you can test internet capabilities on the POSE.

Up to now it is not possible to create client-server applications with PocketC. Besides I would not even recommend a language like PocketC for a 'massive multiplayer RPG'. PocketC is a very good language for small programs and tools. If you want to develop complex programs, you should stick to C.

Edited by - SyPDA on 02/12/2001 16:38:46
SyPDA

Postby iebnn on Mon Feb 12, 2001 11:34 pm

It's a very simple MMORPG though. If someone was to write the TCP/Ip PocketC library, I would be able to write this with no problem.
iebnn

Return to PocketC for Palm OS