Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - transfering between handheld and destop version

transfering between handheld and destop version

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby Velvis on Sun Feb 04, 2001 4:09 pm

Has anyone come up with a reasonable solution to developing on both platforms (PC and Palm) and syncing the source code files for PocketC?

I started an app on the Palm and recently switched it over to the desktop compiler, and today for instance I am going to be stuck waiting for the wife for about an hour and would love to work on the app on the Palm in the car. But I know I will spend more time converting the files back to memos for the Palm and then back again for the desktop compiler than it is worth.

I'd love and easy way to do this, even better would be some kind of conduit to sync the files automatically...

Is it possible to set up Documents to Go (I am unfamilar with it) to do something like this?
Velvis

Postby stephane on Sun Feb 04, 2001 6:04 pm

I'm not totally sure about this one, but I think the only limitation on the Palm is the size of the memos, about 4K. I remember seeing some posts (in the archived boards?) about Palm utils and/or apps that break this barrier. If this is so, there must be a way to hotsync to these apps as well. Sorry I can't help more, I don't use the device at all for development.

Cheers,

St?ɬ©phane
Stéphane
stephane

Postby awschwab on Wed Feb 14, 2001 10:33 pm

I don't have a great solution, but I found something useful for transferring PocketC code back and forth between PC and Palm. If your project comprises one category in memo pad, hotsync to palm desktop, click in the file list of the appropriate category in palm desktop, and choose 'select all' from the edit menu. Now you can go to PDE, open a new document, and paste. You will have a single file concatenated from all your memos, and separated by little box characters (apparently 0x0C). If you comment out the header file #includes, this compiles under PDE -- the boxes don't interfere. You can work with this single file in PDE, and then copy it and paste it back into Palm Desktop where it becomes multiple memos that are cut where the box characters are. If you use multiple files, just begin each with <OxOc>/$filename and you can concatenate them with a batch file, and only need to paste one file. This isn't elegant, but it works. I've taken to adding '/$funcname.pc' at the start of each function to make it easy to cut there by pasting in a box character, if it happens to be a good spot. A simple way to see 4k boundaries would help.

A real solution would probably take advantage of the 32k memo pad capability of the new PToolbox functions, and perhaps the PAR program on the PC side.

I had hoped Wordsmith's nice conduit to Word would help, but it doesn't.
awschwab

Return to PocketC for Palm OS