Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Quitting the Shell from the App ??

Quitting the Shell from the App ??

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby brendan on Tue Feb 20, 2001 2:29 am

Does anyone know a way to quit the pocket c shell after the app is finished, so users don't have to hit the x....

-brendan
brendan

Postby darwin on Tue Feb 20, 2001 10:48 am

hm. What do you mean? The user won't see the Runtime Shell, if you just exec the app file (for example if you copy the .app file zo the startmenu). If you run first the shell and exec then the app, I don't know how to close the shell...

http://www.strange-phenomenom.de/newp/pocketc.htm
darwin

Postby airdrik on Tue Feb 20, 2001 4:59 pm

If you have the runtime installed on your device, then if you just run the applet, it runs automatically without the shell poping up or anything. Or at least that is what it did on my HPC.
airdrik

Postby brendan on Tue Feb 20, 2001 8:12 pm

mmm, I have the .app in the start menu under games.... it runs ok, but when it finishes the shell menu pops up at the top with the file menu (About/show console/exit) and the close button in the other corner.....
brendan

Postby airdrik on Tue Feb 20, 2001 8:33 pm

Use menu_off(). Then when you want to quit use quit(); sleep(0); the sleep(0) is because when you call quit(); it continues running the program until the quit() command is finished closing your program. You use sleep(0) so that it won't do that)
airdrik

Postby brendan on Tue Feb 20, 2001 9:22 pm

the menu_off(); command I have run at the start, but putting a sleep(0); command before or after the quit(); does nothing.... I was doing a menu_on(); before the quit;... either way the app won't quit.
brendan

Postby ajones on Wed Feb 21, 2001 7:47 am

I think you need to get out of your event loop. I use a boolean value to get out.

Something like:
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
main () {
int bQuit, msg;
while(!bQuit) {
msg = event(1);
switch(msg) {
case WM_COMMAND:
if (guiid() == BTN_X) {
bQuit = TRUE;
quit();
}
break
} // end switch
} // end while
}
</font id=code></pre id=code>

I just typed that off the top of my head, but I think it's how my apps work...

Hope it helps, Tony (in Chennai for the moment)
Tony Jones - http://www.OnHiatus.com
PcketC Apps: Pike, Launch Pad, ACT2, More...
ajones

Postby airdrik on Wed Feb 21, 2001 7:23 pm

You put the sleep(0) after the quit(), otherwise it is pointless to have it there. But I don't know why that wouldn't work, quit() should exit completely and (as long as you add sleep(0) after it) immediately from your program, shell and all. You can add your little breaks and stuff after so that it breaks out of the loops and stuff, but they aren't entirely nessecary.
airdrik

Return to PocketC for CE