Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Meet some difficulties when switching task

Meet some difficulties when switching task

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby edward on Mon Feb 19, 2001 12:54 am

Hello,

I wrote a small applet, but I found I meet some difficulties when switching task, that is, when my applet is running, sometimes ( not always ) I cannot use task management tools to switch to some other tasks. I did put a sleep(0) before event(1). Anyone knows some other reasons for this?
edward

Postby Justinespinosa on Wed Feb 21, 2001 2:42 pm

Try to add a timer to add events. Some apps don't switch with a task manager if they are stopped too long in event(1). The timer will post a lot of event, soo the event(1) will be interrupted.

J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
Justinespinosa

Postby edward on Thu Feb 22, 2001 1:38 am

Thank you so much for the advice. I will try it and let you know the result. Thanks again.
edward

Postby edward on Thu Feb 22, 2001 6:32 am

It seems the probelm is not solved by adding timer. Now I describe the scenario in detail.

My application will open a file and read it. Display it content in an Edit Box. User input is from Push Button.

Before it read the file, everything seems OK. I can switch to other tasks and back. But after file reading, I can switch to other tasks but cannot switch back. But every function of my application is normal even if I got this task switching problem. If I can quit from my application, everything will be ok again.

Any idea?
edward

Postby Justinespinosa on Thu Feb 22, 2001 6:41 am

Make sure to have closed the file you have read before going back to your event loop.

I've never seen this bug. normally, with pike, sometimes i run a program from the start menu, but nothing appens until i do something on pike's screen.
But i can always come back to the apps later.

J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
Justinespinosa

Postby edward on Thu Feb 22, 2001 1:35 pm

Now I found it seems related with the function of OpenFileDlg(). If I don't use this function to open file, everything will be ok. Do you know whether there is any known problem with this function? I'm using PocketC runtime 2.0.
edward

Postby Justinespinosa on Thu Feb 22, 2001 2:09 pm

The file enumerating functiuns have a lot of bugs in pocketC. But the only problems i have with this one is that it doesen't support multitype (IE: *.txt;*.rtf) on the PPC.
I have written my own file dialog header, but it crashes sometimes. just tell me if you need a copy.

J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
Justinespinosa

Postby edward on Fri Feb 23, 2001 12:54 am

Thank you. Please send me a copy to e_whitejr@yahoo.com
edward

Postby edward on Fri Feb 23, 2001 1:02 am

BTW, do you know whether move to PocketC Runtime 3.0 will be helpful? Currently, I'm using PocketC 2.0 development tools and have no plan to purchase PocketC 3.0 development tools. So is it possible to develop application under 2.0 and run it under 3.0? :-) (Well, seems a silly question)
edward

Postby Justinespinosa on Fri Feb 23, 2001 4:27 am

PocketC Runtime V3 installs with pocketC runtime V2. If you run an app that is compiled with PocketC V2. It will be passed by the V3 runtime to the V2 runtime

J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
J.Espinosa

OUTS Softwares
Justinespinosa

Return to PocketC for CE