Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Native Library for Symbol SDK

Native Library for Symbol SDK

Postby hlconsulting on Sun Apr 28, 2002 1:47 pm

Has anyone written a native library for the Symbol barcode scanning SDK? I want to write a PocketC app for the Symbol barcode scanners, but require access to their SDK and am leery of having to write a native library in GCC.
hlconsulting

Postby tony on Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:20 am

It's not difficult to write a native library in PocketC. I can provide you with an example
if you want it. One of the problems you might face according to Joe is "Notification events cannot be captured with a standard event handler. See the SysNotifyRegister function description for how it really works." In other words, you will not be able
to write event handling routines in PocketC Native Library to capture Notification Events.

Take care
Tony
tony

Postby jstadolnik on Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:47 pm

Actually, you can make a native library handle notification events The problem is that they are handled as if your PocketC app was not running. Basically, you can bind one function in the native library to get called upon for a given notification. This function will execute whether or not a pocketC app is currently running. See the notification docs for more details.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby hlconsulting on Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:07 am

?Notification Event? issues. I wasn't expecting that sort of complication. Mind you, I haven't dealt into the innards of the Symbol SDK. I was hoping that the SDK would just hook into the Palm as if one were writing Graffiti.

I reread the thread where Joe provided a link to a site which created a GCC native library and reread the Orbwork page 5 or 6 times on how to do it in CW, and chanted "I have nothing to fear but fear itself"... I think I will delve more into the SDK and try to get a native library going. I was hoping someone had already done all the hard work. PocketC appealed to me as a complete newbie to Palm because of it's relative simplicity (I really didn't want to delve into Palm innards). Thanks.
hlconsulting

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:15 am

Don't sweat notifications, they are not necessary to know unless you want to build hack-like applications, mostly for OS5+.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB