Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Scrolling Text

Scrolling Text

Discuss PocketC for Palm OS (including Desktop Edition)

Postby donvoltz on Fri Feb 23, 2001 9:55 am

Does anyone know how I can code a scroll bar using pocket C. I may not completly understand the Note function in PToolboxLib, but my understanding is this can only come up for editing. What I want to do is read a large string from a database, and first find out how many lines it contains. If it has too many lines to fit on the palm screen, I would than like to program (using the down button) the ability to scroll the screen down to read more. I do not want the user to be able to edit the strin, however.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Don Voltz
Don Voltz
donvoltz

Postby jstadolnik on Fri Feb 23, 2001 2:11 pm

The scrollbar for the Note function should work as you'd expect regardless of whether the text is editable or not (if it doesn't then it's a bug). Setting bit 8 in the command field disables text editing, which only allows the user to view (and copy) text.

One cool feature of the note function, which didn't get into the intial 6.00 documentation is that you can change the font in the note field by using the OpenFontDb and textattr functions. So you can potentially use a really tiny font and view much more of your applet source code (without using fonthack).

Joe
jstadolnik

Postby donvoltz on Tue Feb 27, 2001 4:11 pm

Hi Joe, I tried setting bit 8 to 1 in an attempt to diable edit, however, it did not work.

This is the actual line, did I do something wrong??

Note(0x82,"MemoDB","//toolbox_demo.c",0,"toolbox_demo.c",0,0,4096); //edit toolbox_demo.c file

when I run the program, I am able to edit the memo as if I just you 2 in the command.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Don

Don Voltz
Don Voltz
donvoltz

Postby jstadolnik on Tue Feb 27, 2001 4:32 pm

With command 0x82, you are setting bit 7 instead of 8. The right most significant bit is bit 0, not bit 1.

Try 0x102.

I admit having specific bits enable certain features is a little confusing, but it allows a lot of functionality to be packed in with minimal overhead.

Joe
jstadolnik

Postby donvoltz on Tue Feb 27, 2001 8:56 pm

Thanks Joe, I figured I was doing something dumb. I am not familiar with using bits, but I think I now have fiqured it out. I agree, they add a lot of functionality.

Thanks a lot

Don

Don Voltz
Don Voltz
donvoltz

Return to PocketC for Palm OS