Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Returning user

Returning user

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby rawn shea on Wed Mar 07, 2001 6:44 pm

I am a lapsed Pocket PC user recently returning to the process. I have a registered version of PocketPC (2.0, build time stamp ov 3 1999) I am using a HP 660 LX with Windows CE 20. build 7258-7260. My question is:

1. Do I have the most current version of the app that will work with CE 2.0 or has there been an upgrade I do not have.
2. My battery died and I had to copy the PocketC directory contents back from my backup to the device. Are there directory entries required by PocketC that have not been adjusted because of my install method?
rawn shea

Postby airdrik on Wed Mar 07, 2001 7:14 pm

PocketC v2 is the latest version of PocketC for WinCE devices, but v3 is in beta testing right now, and should not be long before it's out (we hope). As for your other problem, I will leave that up to someone who knows the answer.
airdrik

Postby guy on Thu Mar 08, 2001 8:48 am

I have an hp620lx upgraded to CE2.11

The build time for my pceditor is Dec 18 1999@16:38

It may be worth checking for an update for your version.

It is certainly worth while getting hold of the latest runtime. If you get the V3 runtime it includes runtimes for both V2 and V3 apps.

Guy
Guy
[url]mailto:pcform@pcform.net[/url]
http://www.pcform.net
PocketC CE API interface: http://www.networkdynamics.net/PCForm.html#library
PCForm and CE API forum: http://www.networkdynamics.net/forum
guy

Postby rawn shea on Thu Mar 08, 2001 11:05 am

Thanks guy but if V3 is in beta I'd just as soon wait. As to the second part of the question, Last night I tries compiling and running one of my old apps after reinstalling PocketC as desacribed in the root post. Compile works fine from the editor. However, compile and run complains that [insert project name] or one of itsa components are unavailable. If i open the shell and select the app file manually it runs fine. How do IO relink the two?
rawn shea

Postby guy on Fri Mar 09, 2001 7:26 am

V3 runtime isn't in beta. The released desktop compiler generates V3 code.

The V3 runtime includes the V2 runtime. If you have a V2 app then the V2 runtime runs it, if you have a V3 app then the V3 runtime runs it.

Cunningly managed by the supply of two files. One called pcshell.exe and another called pcshellv2.exe

The device version of the V3 compiler is the thing that's in beta.

You need the V3 runtime for anything that has been compiled with the desktop compiler. PCForm uses the desktop compiler in its latest version. I don't know which other apps out there are compiled with V3.

By getting the V3 runtime you also get the latest version of the V2 runtime.

Guy
Guy
guy

Postby ianf on Fri Mar 09, 2001 12:03 pm

Hey Guy, I think it's not 100% accurate to say that V3 runtime is out of Beta. I cannot produce an app which runs anywhere approaching V2 speed yet as you know and anyone compiling with V3 will have similar issues. File handling & graphics are my major issues & while there is a way to improve this (remove the callback stuff) I don't know whether that's what's going to happen and I need a runtime installer for all the platforms without callback or I'm still stuck in the same place I was in September :( moan moan moan... anyway in my tiny mind it's not live until it's usable to the same level as V3.

Ian
ianf

Postby guy on Fri Mar 09, 2001 2:57 pm

I agree that speed is a problem with the V3 runtime.

The slow file operation speed made me completely rethink the way PCForm handled files. The result is a lot more elegant and flexible than before. I'd been meaning to do something with the file management for two years.

In a way, the V3 speed has helped the program by forcing me to do the modifications.

However, it would be nice to have that part of the runtime back up to speed. Nothing else seems to cause me any problems.

Guy
Guy
guy

Return to PocketC for CE