Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - SOUNDS

SOUNDS

Discuss PocketC for CE (including Desktop Edition)

Postby kjm on Sun Mar 11, 2001 7:51 pm

Is there any way of playing sounds under PocketC that have a user defined frequency and duration? Or is there any intention to offer such? Rather than load .wav files.
kjm

Postby wolfgang on Mon Mar 12, 2001 5:38 am

Not that I knew of a way of doing that. In my own guitar and drum composition programs (http://pages.prodigy.net/gwen.and.wolfgang) I use the "replay .wav files" method, which works well apart from the fact that it uses up some memory. I have also written some code that will create .wav files that contain sounds with given frequency, duration, and waveform, in case this is interesting for you.

Wolfgang
Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
wolfgang

Postby kjm on Mon Mar 12, 2001 5:06 pm

Many thanks Wolfgang, but I don't really want the overhead of *.wav files. However, what I asked for seems to be a desirable request in a language. Maybe if Kevin is "listening" we'll get it one day?
kjm

Postby BobShen on Tue Mar 13, 2001 7:48 pm

Hi wolfgang:
Where is the code? I couldn't find it in your web.
I am interesting that. Could you tell?

Bob Shen
Bob Shen
BobShen

Postby wolfgang on Tue Mar 13, 2001 11:49 pm

I have some experimental code I developed while working on my FourTrack program. I used it to figure out how to write wav files. I did not put it on my homepage because it's really hacked together and not yet publish-able. However, I am currently working on a set of library routines to create wave files with custom sounds that can then be replayed, a crude work-around for the missing sound capabilities in PocketC. The main problem is that creating wav files takes VERY long on the little WindowsCE machines, at least several seconds for every second of play time. I will post this code on my webpage as soon as it is ready.

Wolfgang

Edited by - wolfgang on 03/13/2001 17:51:28
Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
wolfgang

Return to PocketC for CE