Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - I need some help please...

I need some help please...

Postby Trigger on Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:45 pm

Hi,

Totally new to this.I have downloaded the demo for my pda and all I am getting are 2 icons; The PocketC one and PToolbox. The machine seems to have Mathlib installed. I am learning C at college and want to use the demo before I buy it outright.I can do nothing on this machine except all the normal pda functions. All I want to do is get started.I have my first exam in 8 weeks.Can anyone help?

ATB

Trigger
Trigger

Postby wolfgang on Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:55 pm

I have a primer on PocketC on my webpage. It was written for the WindowsCE version of PocketC, but with just one or two minor changes everything is applicable to the Palm version as well. The differences are explained on the webpage as well.

My webpage: http://www.pdamusician.com
from there go to the programming section.

Be aware that PocketC is not exactly standard ANSI C.

Wolfgang

Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
Composing music on the PocketPC! - http://www.pdamusician.com
wolfgang

Postby Clayton on Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:53 pm

You can start off faster by studying the sample programs that come with PocketC and compiling them on your Palm.

Then maybe you'll get some ideas for modifying the same programs .

Alternatively try writing the sample programs in any C book for Pocket C . You can check for syntax differences in the sample programs .

Also I got s lot of help on syntax matters and other teething problems from this forum so that should also help you . Your situation is sort of like mine ( minus the exam preassure off course), but yes I am also fairly new to C as well as PocketC but comfortable now I think .

Be glad to help where I can tho .

Best of luck ,

Clayton
Clayton

Postby troyk9 on Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:04 pm

I started out without any programming ability. I bought a book called Palm Programming for the absolute beginner by Prima Tech - Author Andy Harris. Barnes & Nobles had it. Withing 2 days I actually wrote a very extensive Narcotic Analgesic Conversion program. I have since written and reserved creator Ids for 4 other Medical Pharmaceutical programs. My co-workers are simply amazed and it's all due to the help of this book. I did not even know pocket c existed till I bought this book. It uses pocket c to build the programs and explains how to use Ccontrols to build controls. I highly recommend this easy to read book. I have since bought their book on C++ to learn to do the same on my PC.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Trigger</i>
<br />
Hi,

Totally new to this.I have downloaded the demo for my pda and all I am getting are 2 icons; The PocketC one and PToolbox. The machine seems to have Mathlib installed. I am learning C at college and want to use the demo before I buy it outright.I can do nothing on this machine except all the normal pda functions. All I want to do is get started.I have my first exam in 8 weeks.Can anyone help?

ATB

Trigger

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
troyk9

Postby Clayton on Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:09 pm

I have also heard a lot about this book and tried very hard to get it here in India But couldnt get , so I managed with a book on C and documentation downloaded from Pocket C site as well as Sample programs .

But really what programmes I have done are not really upto what troyk9 has done ( Basically done a Birthday Reminder programme and Mastermind using PocketC , POcketGui , PVF and PtoolBox ) , but I think I am getting there .

Anyway Trigger best of luck , I am sure your crack your exams .

Clayton
Clayton

Postby Star-Dot-Star on Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:13 pm

There's an ANSI C library for PocketC that's fairly compliant.

Here's the link: http://thad.notagoth.org/palm/

Hope that helps
;)
Star-Dot-Star

Postby Trigger on Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:48 pm

Fellow PocketC'ers,

Thanks very much!

ATB

Trigger:D<font face="Tahoma"></font id="Tahoma">
Trigger

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB