Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Usage of Pocket C for learning ANSI C

Usage of Pocket C for learning ANSI C

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby lelkes on Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:29 pm

Hi all,
I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m in process of learning ANSI-C.
Now I wonder If I could use the pocket C for learning, and experiment with the codes.
As you all know its easier bringing with you a palm, than a laptop
Thanks for all your help
Peter
lelkes

Postby Star-Dot-Star on Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:44 pm

You can find an ANSI C library for PocketC here: http://thad.notagoth.org/palm/

Hope that helps.
Star-Dot-Star

Postby lelkes on Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:24 am

thanks 4 your answer.
I downloaded and unzipped, but don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t understand how it works.
When I unpacked it there was a lot of ?¢‚Ǩ?ì<font size="3"><font color="green"><i>C Source files</i></font id="green"></font id="size3">?¢‚Ǩ
lelkes

Postby Star-Dot-Star on Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:44 pm

Yes, you need to load the files onto your palm. How you do it depends on whether you use Memopad or a doc editor to write your programs.

Personally, I like using Memopad. It has it's limitations (memos limited to 4K), but there's ways to work around them. So I use Windows Notepad and cut & paste into Palm Desktop. It is tedious, but not overly so, IMHO.

Or, if you use a doc editor, you could use a utility like [url="http://www.cognitiveroot.com/makedoc.htm"]MakeDoc[/url] to convert the files to palm readable format.

Remember to follow PocketC's naming conventions for header and source files.
Star-Dot-Star

Postby lelkes on Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:04 pm

Thanks 4 your answer!
As I previously wrote, I use CryptoPad. Should I still cut & paste into Palm Desktop/Memo? After I oppend the header and source files in Dev-C++?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Remember to follow PocketC's naming conventions for header and source files<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Could you please explane the convention?
Thanks
/Peter
lelkes

Postby lelkes on Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:39 pm

In order to clarify what I mean:
In the pakage is a file : Stdlib.h
When I open this file in Dev-C++ the following <pre id="code"><font face="courier" size="2" id="code">/$stdlib.h
#ifndef STDLIB_H
#define STDLIB_H

#include "limits.h"
#include "stddef.h"

#define EXIT_FAILURE -1
#define EXIT_SUCCESS 0

#include "abort.h"
#include "abs.h"

float atof(pointer s)
{
return ctostr(s);
}

int atoi(pointer s)
{
return ctostr(s);
}

#include "bsearch.h"
#include "malloc.h"
#include "calloc.h"

//char *getenv(const char *name);
//getsysval(int index) - gets a system value.
//supported values: [0] Username.

#include "sort.h"
#define qsort sort

#define RAND_MAX 32768
int __randseed=1;
int rand()
{
__randseed = __randseed*1103515245 + 12345;
return (__randseed/65536)%32768;
//return random(RAND_MAX+1);
}

srand(int seed)
{
__randseed=seed;
}

//int system(const char *s);
#define system launch

#endif</font id="code"></pre id="code">
My questions are: <ul><li> what name do I have to give a header file on the palm? </li><li>do I have to change anything on the first line of my doc? (as the case would be if a applet? </li></ul>
/Thanks
Peter
lelkes

Return to General Discussion