Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - OS5...

OS5...

A PocketC native palm library offering native forms and assorted utilities

Postby MallyTT on Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:04 pm

Hi Jo,

Great work on the library, it's much appreciated by us wannabe games programmers. Just wondered if there was any clue as to when an OS5 compatible version was coming, I know you've stated elsewhere you're sorting it out, is it imminent?

I've got a Tungsten|T and although my apps are actually all OK, the PToolbox demo that's included with the library does some strange things on my device, most notably the "bouncy balls" part...

Not hassling, just curious...

Thanks,
M
Mally
MallyTT

Postby jstadolnik on Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:58 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Just wondered if there was any clue as to when an OS5 compatible version was coming, I know you've stated elsewhere you're sorting it out, is it imminent?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<font color="red"><b>Soon!</b></font id="red"> The next release will be more OS5 compliant and will be coming out very soon now. Though there will still be a few holes, notably with the SaveBmp() and frame2() (drawing rounded frames).

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I've got a Tungsten|T and although my apps are actually all OK, the PToolbox demo that's included with the library does some strange things on my device, most notably the "bouncy balls" part...

I fixed this (for v7.5.0)... well, more accurately the sprite.c and graphics.c demos now run clean on the Palm Simulator.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm<b></b>
jstadolnik

Postby MallyTT on Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:00 pm

Great stuff, I just grabbed 7.5.0 from your site, thanks.

Just FYI, although the demo file is now much better, on my Tungsten it still goes a bit wonky at the end (the buffer with the maze image is garbled, the other two are OK as you tap around the three). You probably already know this and it's a future fix, on the other hand maybe PACE isn't exhibiting this, or else my Tungsten is duff...!

Regards
Mally

Mally
Mally
MallyTT

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:13 am

Just FYI, although the demo file is now much better, on my Tungsten it still goes a bit wonky at the end (the buffer with the maze image is garbled, the other two are OK as you tap around the three). You probably already know this and it's a future fix, on the other hand maybe PACE isn't exhibiting this, or else my Tungsten is duff...!

Yeah, I was aware of the toolbox_demo being wacked on the Tungsten (BTW, PACE does catch this). The problem lies in the SaveBuf and RestoreBuf functions. They will be tricky, maybe even impossible to make OS5 compliant.

I'm curious have you tried the Vibrate() function on the Tungsten. It should work (well it did on PACE at least)?

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby MallyTT on Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:37 pm

Fair comment, that's the price of progress I suppose :-)

I just tried the vibrate function, using the example in the docs, but unless I'm missing something, it won't even compile..

//vib
main(){
Vibrate(3,78,0x000000FC);
}

..produces "undeclared identifier" for line 3?

Mally
Mally
MallyTT

Postby MallyTT on Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:52 pm

I'm a cretin, I neglected to load the library first. Ahem.

Actually it works perfectly, you'll be pleased to know! Slight delay (about a second) before it starts buzzing.. but I expect that's normal.

Mally
Mally
MallyTT

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:01 pm

Excellent! Thanks.

The delay is a result of the pattern. If you change it to 0xFC000000, it should trigger immediately. (Bit 31 fires first.)

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby MallyTT on Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:19 pm

Exactly right, instant result. Think I've just about grasped the pattern format now..

Thanks for your help,
M.
Mally
MallyTT

Postby Norman on Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:30 pm

hi...I've just bought a Tungsten-T.
Tried to run Sprite.prc (compiled using Desktop PocketC), and the palm just resets itself.

Anyone pls advise.

Thanks in advance.
Norman

Postby Norman on Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:31 pm

hi...I've just bought a Tungsten-T.
Tried to run Sprite.prc (compiled using Desktop PocketC), and the palm just resets itself.

Anyone pls advise.

Thanks in advance.
Norman

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:43 pm

Did you upload the test_bitmap.prc file also. It contains the required bitmaps.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby MallyTT on Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:29 pm

On my TT, I get:-

Virtual Machine Error

Addr: 65564
Func: Main
Undefined Opcode

No idea what that means though!

Mally
Mally
MallyTT

Postby MallyTT on Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:45 pm

I should perhaps add that the previous error is produced when running the compiled "sprite.pdb" as supplied in the PToolbox distribution.

Just tried compiling in myself (on the device) and it does indeed reset itself instantly.

In both cases, it's immediately after entering a screen depth.

Mally
Mally
MallyTT

Postby Norman on Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:32 am

Yes, I did load in the test_bitmap.prc...:(
Norman

Postby jstadolnik on Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:42 pm

I'll investigate...

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Next