Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - How can I use the full screen for graphics?

How can I use the full screen for graphics?

Discuss topics that apply across the products, such as the PocketC language, or development in general

Postby FrappyDan on Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 am

I have written a few games that I would feel better releasing if I had full screen to enhance my graphics. I need to turn off the devicesip icon in the lower right corner and also the TitleBar. I've seen pocketC programs that do this but am unable to find the code for it. Can someone help me with this:?:

Thanks 8)

FrappyDan
FrappyDan
FrappyDan

Postby soinsg on Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:56 am

I'm guessing that drawing straight over them might work. If that means covering buttons, you could always trap their events too.
soinsg

Postby visorprismman on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:32 pm

I agree if you write over the menu icon it will just cover over it. Then you can trap the menu button so it cannot be used.

Cheers
Cheers
visorprismman

Postby FrappyDan on Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:29 am

I've tried drawing over them but the screen coords 0,0 define the upper left corner of the screen just below the menu bar. The keyboard icon is still there after menu_off() and any drawing on the screen goes behind the keyboard icon. Is there a container that can be created to cover the pocket CRT window or something like that?

FrappyDan
FrappyDan
FrappyDan

Postby guy on Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:29 am

To have your application use the full screen, place the following directive in your PocketC source file:

#pragma PKPCFULLSCREEN

If you just want to get rid of the menu then use:

#pragma R3MENUOFF

If you do either of these then you have to make sure that you provide a mechanism for your users to get out of your program.

I think that these only work with the device compiler and not with the desktop version.

These directives cause the start and menu bar to be removed the moment that your application starts up, before your code starts running.

If the user switches away from the application and back again the menu bar and start bar may reappear. You can get rid of them again by calling the SHFullScreen() function (PocketPC only) which is in the Windows CE API interface library for PocketC, not in the default library. You can get the library from the link in my signature below.

Guy
[url]mailto:pcform@pcform.net[/url]
http://www.pcform.net
PocketC CE API interface: http://www.networkdynamics.net/PCForm.html#library
PCForm and CE API forum: http://www.networkdynamics.net/forum
Guy
[url]mailto:pcform@pcform.net[/url]
http://www.pcform.net
PocketC CE API interface: http://www.networkdynamics.net/PCForm.html#library
PCForm and CE API forum: http://www.networkdynamics.net/forum
guy

Postby FrappyDan on Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:18 am

FanTastic()! That is just what I was looking for. I really appreciate it!;)

FrappyDan
FrappyDan
FrappyDan

Postby John64 on Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:37 am

Thanks Guy,
This was a very useful solution. We all need the Full screen quite often.

John64

John
John
John64

Return to General Discussion