Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - Using data on the PC

Using data on the PC

Discuss OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect

Postby rbarberac on Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:03 am

Hello,

I'm now evaluating OrbForms as a quick and clean way to wrote data entry apps for the Palm. I have read the samples' code and I'm very impressed with the power of this little tool.

Now the question. You have wrote a OrbForm app to get the data and have transfered them to the PC. How do you extract the data to consolidate with the main database? Where is the structure of the database documented?. Any clue? Any sample?

Thanks!

--
Saludos,
Rafa Barbera
--
Saludos,
Rafa Barbera
rbarberac

Postby dewey on Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:11 am

With OrbForms Designer 2.0, we will be including a command-line tool that will convert to and from Palm database files (PDBs) and CSV files. The CSV file is universal enough that you should be able to import it into your desktop database rather easily.

We are hoping to have 2.0 out in the next week.
dewey
Site Admin

Postby PenreeSoft on Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:09 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dewey</i>
<br />With OrbForms Designer 2.0, we will be including a command-line tool that will convert to and from Palm database files (PDBs) and CSV files. The CSV file is universal enough that you should be able to import it into your desktop database rather easily.

We are hoping to have 2.0 out in the next week.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I love you Jeremy.

Nicholas J. Penree
PenreeSoft
http://www.penreesoft.com
Nicholas J. Penree
PenreeSoft
PenreeSoft

Postby sgibson on Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:55 pm

Sounds cool. Can you tell us what new features/bug fixes will be in 2.0? Also, will there be an upgrade fee for registered users for this version?

Thanks,
Steve

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
-Steve
sgibson

Postby dewey on Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:02 pm

Primarily, 2.0 is focused on improvements to the IDE. The compiler has remained the same, with only a few bugs needing fixed.

New features include:
* copy/paste and multiple selection in visual designer
* alignment menus when multiple controls are selected (e.g. "Align tops")
* new UI (VS.net-style tabbed toolbars)
* toolbox for adding controls (in addition to the right-click menu)
* utility code for accessing address book and todo list
* other stuff i probably forgot

And my favorite feature (and yours, no doubt):
* code completion and calltips :)
dewey
Site Admin

Postby design4use on Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:56 pm

Yeah!!! just in time for X-mas...
design4use

Postby jerryse on Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:28 pm

Just curious,

How far off is color controls and print capability? (I have PalmPrint)

Thanks,
Jerry
jerryse

Postby PenreeSoft on Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:47 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jerryse</i>
<br />Just curious,

How far off is color controls and print capability? (I have PalmPrint)

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry, I was able to get colors and fonts working in a Native lib, recently windows XP decided to do an infinite loop of physical memory dumps and I lost my native lib, but gimmie a while and I can give you a simple example.

Nicholas J. Penree
PenreeSoft
Nicholas J. Penree
PenreeSoft
PenreeSoft

Postby jerryse on Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:29 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Jerry, I was able to get colors and fonts working in a Native lib, recently windows XP decided to do an infinite loop of physical memory dumps and I lost my native lib, but gimmie a while and I can give you a simple example.

Nicholas J. Penree
PenreeSoft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - PenreeSoft on 12/06/2002 10:48:27

I would be very interested! Thank you very much.
Jerry
jerryse

Return to OrbForms Designer and PocketC Architect