Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/jerdew5/orbworks.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3368: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3370: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3371: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3372: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:472)
OrbWorks Community Forum • View topic - ArtBMP DB

ArtBMP DB

Postby md_lasalle on Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:38 pm

I created a Bitmap Database with artBMP and when I go in INFO in the Palm menu... I can't see my database... why?
md_lasalle

Postby jstadolnik on Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:31 pm

The "creator id" of the database is the same as the ArtBmp app.

Only databases which do not have a parent application of the same creator id will show up. Note the parent application must also be of type "appl". The "records" feature in the info panel shows the collective size of all databases associated with a given application.

Your should change the creator ID of your bitmap database to be that of your application's (my favorate tool for doing this is RsrcEdit, but there are others - search for it on palmgear.com).

Even better would be to embed your bitmap database inside your application. See the PToolbox bitmap section for more details on this.

The advantage of using the same creator id for all your app and its databases is that if the app should be deleted (through the palm delete menu option) all the databases will be automatically deleted with the application (along with any preferences). In other words, no orphan databases are left behind.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
http://www.geocities.com/retro_01775/PToolboxLib.htm
jstadolnik

Postby md_lasalle on Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:57 am

"Even better would be to embed your bitmap database inside your application. See the PToolbox bitmap section for more details on this." <-- I looked in the help file, and two questions comes in mind :

When the bitmap DB is embed in the application ,can you still edit it with ArtBMP?

and If I have question or need help on how to use PilRC who should I contact?

thanks
md_lasalle

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:28 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">When the bitmap DB is embed in the application ,can you still edit it with ArtBMP?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This is not a good idea because if you recompile, all the embedded bitmaps will be lost. It's best to keep the bitmap database a separate file, and to just embed it when you are ready to release.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
and If I have question or need help on how to use PilRC who should I contact?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The best place is probably here: http://www.escribe.com/computing/pcpqa/index.html

though the PocketC forum would likely be fine for most things.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby md_lasalle on Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:27 pm

...But how can I call for my bitmap DB made with ArtBMP in my program before it is embed? like for exemple I called (in artBMP) my DB "BMP_pointers" ...howdo I call that in pocketC?
md_lasalle

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:42 pm

You need to carefully read through the bitmap functions in the PToolbox docs. There's a function called OpenBmpDb.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby md_lasalle on Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:01 pm

I tried with the OpenBmpDb and it says file not found...is there an extension? or something like that?
md_lasalle

Postby jstadolnik on Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:58 pm

You are probably giving it the wrong filename. There should be no extension.

For an example, look at the included toolbox_demo.c file. It draws bitmaps in the test_bitmaps.prc file.

Joe

The PToolboxLib guy.
jstadolnik

Postby md_lasalle on Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:24 pm

Sorry it says : "Undeclared Identifier"
md_lasalle

Postby md_lasalle on Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:27 pm

Ok now I get it...I forgot the two "" after the (

I'm so damm stupid... I was used to the VB language...that's why...

thanks anyway Joe...
md_lasalle

Return to PocketC for Palm OS KB